Toro TRX-26 Walk-Behind Trencher
Engineered with performance in mind, the Toro TRX models provides an easy-to-use control system and a reliable engine to let you focus more on work and less on maintenance.
The Toro® TRX-26 is the most powerful dedicated walk-behind trencher on the market. Boasting a 26 hp (19.4 kw) Kawasaki® engine, the TRX-26 is ideal for utility workers, irrigation contractors and plumbers looking for the power of a ride-on trencher, with the maneuverability, price and control of a walk-behind.
The Toro TRX-26 dedicated walk-behind trencher features the Dingo TX-style control system, which offers three simple controls for all tracking and trenching functions. Zero-turn capability and low-profile tracked design offers a ground pressure as low as 4.1 psi.
Toro Walk-Behind Trencher: Key Features and Benefits
- 26 hp (19.4 kw) Kawasaki® Twin-Cylinder Engine
- Toro exclusive traction control system, similar to Dingo TX and STX stump grinder
- Tracks instead of wheels
- Easy to maneuver
Toro Walk-Behind Trencher: Features
- Exclusive Toro TRX Control System - Easy-to-use control system doesn't require jerk-style steering like handle bar trenchers. Three simple controls operate all traction and trenching functions. Simple controls are easy for beginners to learn quickly. Similar to Dingo TX and STX stump grinder.
- Track Design
- Allows for zero turn capability
- Provides a low center of gravity and large footprint
- Increased stability on side hills
- Eliminates tire ruts and flat tires
- Operates in wet & soft ground conditions.
- Get to the most challenging stumps
- Kawasaki Twin-Cylinder Engine - Powerful Kawasaki engines deliver the performance you have come to expect from Toro. The Kawasaki twin-cylinder engine means your trencher will be reliable and easy-to-start. The large oil reservoir maintains a cooler running engine while prolonging engine life.
- Heavy-Duty Remote Air Cleaner - Reduces engine wear and improves performance. Heavy-duty remote air filter standard on TRX-26.
- TRX Pivoting Trencher Head - Pivoting head provides high ground clearance during transport.
Toro Walk-Behind Trencher: Specs
- Engine Oil Capacity: 2.2 quarts (2.1 liters)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gallons (18 liters)
- Headshaft Speed: 210 RPM w/554 ft/lbs (751.1 N) of torque
- Height: 46" (116 cm)
- Hour Meter: Standard
- Hydraulic Flow: 13.5 gpm (51.1 lpm) trencher chain, 9.5 gpm (36 lpm) traction each pump
- Hydraulic Oil Capacity: 6.3 gallons (23.8 l)
- Hydraulic System Pressure: 2900 psi (199.8 bar)
- Length: 82.5" (209.6 cm) (boom up)
- Pivoting Trencher Head: Provides high ground clearance during transport
- Track: 5.9" (15 cm) wide - endless nylon reinforced rubber track
- Transport Speed: 3.1 mph (5 kph) fwd, 1.5 mph rev (2.5 kph). 273 ft/min (83.2 m/min) / 132/ft/min (40.4 m/min)
- Weight: 1248 lbs. (566.1 kg)
- Wheelbase: 23" (58.4 cm)
- Width: 33.8" (86 cm)
Toro Walk-Behind Trencher: Accessories
- 4" (10.2 cm), 6" (15.2 cm) and 8" (20.3 cm) chain widths available:
- Soil & Cup Chains
- Rock & Cup Combo Chains
- Shark (Rock) Chains (4" and 6" only)
- Bullet (Alligator) Chains (4" and 6" only)
- Trencher Boom
- 24", 36" or 48" reversible booms available