Small Engine/Light Equipment Mechanic
Light Equipment Mechanic Needed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Conshohocken, PA & Sicklerville, NJ
Norris Sales Company has an immediate opening for a Small Engine/LightEquipment Mechanic in their Conshohocken, PA and Sicklerville, NJ locations. The employee will be asked to perform all tasks given and listed in the job description, whether it be sweeping or performing a complete rebuild on a piece of equipment.
Download the Norris Sales Company Employment Application:
Job Title: Light Equipment Mechanic
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Service Department
Reports To: Service Manager
Light Equipment Mechanics will be asked to diagnose and repair various types of equipment. Must be able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics. The Employee must be able to communicate effectively while finishing business tasks individually or with the assistance or guidance of other employees.
- Maintain and repair a wide variety of equipment including Jackhammers/generators/saws/small gas engine equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment electrically and mechanically
- Repair and replace engines, defective parts, and associated components
- Operate and test tools and equipment
- Check equipment for damage upon return, report damages when necessary
- Complete applicable inspection documentation IAW manufacturers recommendation and Company policies
- Produce timely and detailed service reports and repair logs; record repairs made, time spent, and parts used in computerized work order system
- Work independently with little supervision
- Utilize all safety equipment and PPE
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience working on various types of construction tools and small equipment including jackhammers/generators/saws/small gas engine equipment
- Must be able to read and understand electrical & mechanical systems
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently as needed
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Commitment to company values
- Valid State issued driver’s license
- High school diploma, formal technical training, or equivalent experience
Nonessential skills and experience
- Familiarity of our main brands including, JLG, Gehl, Toro Dingo, Husqvarna, etc.
- Experience as a Small Equipment Mechanic in the construction rental industry
- Experience operating a two-way radio
A Small Equipment Mechanic will report directly to the Service Manager. This position will have no direct reports.
A Small Equipment Mechanic must be able to lift, push or pull a minimum of 100 lbs. A Small Equipment Mechanic must also have the agility to climb over and into equipment and the dexterity to work at heights over 10 feet. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to feel or operate machinery, talk, and hear. The employee is also frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Small Equipment Mechanics will spend 100% of their time working in the shop and in the field in all weather conditions. This position often requires the employee to lift heavy parts or tools, handle greasy or dirty parts, and stand or lie in awkward positions. The employee may be exposed to chemicals including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, and cleaning solvents. The service shop is a well-lit and ventilated area with high noise levels and some hazardous areas; however, accidents can be avoided if safe practices are observed.