Wood Boss Chainsaw, STIHL MS 271
In order to top the immensely popular MS 270, Stihl had to dig deep in order to create a chainsaw that would blend technology, perfomance, and ease of use into a high quality product. Enter the MS 271.
Stihl has engineered the MS 271 with a compact, ergonomic design and an engine that cuts emissions in half. The MS 271's revolutionary pre-separation air filtration is so effective that its' air filters last a whopping five times longer than the MS 270 - plus, the MS 271's engine is so efficient that it delivers 20% longer run times between refuelings. And since this is a Stihl product, you can rest assured that these advances in efficiency go hand in hand with class-leading performance and power.
Specifications (Mid-Range Use)
- Engine Power - 2.6 kW (3.49 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight - 5.6 kg (12.3 lbs.)
- Guide Bar Lengths - 40 to 50 cm (16" to 20")
- Fuel Capacity - 500 cc (16.9 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity - 240 cc (8.12 oz.)
- OilMatic Chain - 26 RM3
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL Quickstop - STIHL chain saws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Anti-Vibration System - STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- IntelliCarb Compensating Carburetor - The IntelliCarb Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Winter/Summer Shutter - The Winter/Summer Shutter allows the carburetor to operate at optimum temperature year-round and helps to prevent carburetor icing when working below 50°F (10°C).
- Ematic Lubrication System - The Ematic guide bar when used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner - The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Master Control Lever - The Master Control Lever is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever to the choke position.