MS 250 - STIHL Chain Saw
Light enough to move through smaller tasks like clearing or cleanup but packs a powerful enough punch to cut through small limbs and trees. With an exceptional power-to-weight ratio, the STIHL MS 250 is ideal for building the ultimate woodpile – so you get great bang for the buck.
MS 250 Specifications:
- Displacement: 45.4 cc (2.77 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.2 kw (3.0 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 4.6 kg (10.1 lbs.)
- Guide Bar Lengths: 40 to 45 cm (16" to 18")
- Fuel Capacity: 470 cc (15.9 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 200 cc (6.8 oz.)
- Oilomatic Chain: .325" RM3
MS 250 Features:
STIHL chain saws are the number one selling brand of chain saws worldwide. While our homeowner saws may not have quite the power as the "big boys" – they do have many of the features of our professional saws built right in to maximize reliability, durability and ease of use for the occasional user.
STIHL manufactures its own saw chain for optimal performance and compatibility with your STIHL chain saw. Swiss-made STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain is pre-stretched before it leaves the factory, which helps eliminate excessive stretching during the break-in period, reducing maintenance time and component wear.
- STIHL Ematic™ Bar Lubrication System delivers proper lubrication while reducing oil usage by up to 50%.
- The Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler allows the operator to concentrate on cutting rather than bar and chain lubrication.
- The Electronic Ignition provides dependable and easier starting along with smoother running and performance.
- STIHL chain saws feature an Anti-vibration System to help reduce operator fatigue and improve comfort.
- The STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake System is designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second and can be activated manually or by inertia if the kickback force is sufficient.
- The Translucent Fuel Tank allows the operator to easily check the fuel level before starting work while the Balanced Fuel and Oil Tank are designed to make sure you run out of fuel before you run out of bar oil, thus extending the life of the saw chain.
- The Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and is ergonomically angled for comfort.
- Front and Rear Hand Guards are designed to reduce the risk of injury.
- Bumper Spikes help prevent pull-in and provide better control, making cutting easier.
- An All-position Carburetor allows the engine to run at full power in any approved operational position.
- A Combination Wrench/Screwdriver is supplied, providing convenient adjustments to the saw.
- The Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail.
- Features like Heavy-duty Centrifugal Clutches, High-pressure Alloy Die Castings and STIHL-designed Cylinders help provide durable, long-lasting wear.
- Homeowners will also enjoy lightweight High-tech Polymer Housings for greater impact resistance, as well as Easy-to-Access Air Filters and Protected Spark Plugs.
- The Spark Arrester Muffler is designed to reduce noise levels and the emission of sparks.
- The Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.