Takeuchi TB250-2 Compact Excavator
The TB250-2 is Takeuchi’s newest excavator in the 5 ton weight class filling the space between the current TB240 and TB260 models.
It has an operating weight of 10,957 lbs. (canopy) to 11,288 lbs. (cab), a dig depth of 12’ 4.8” and max reach of over 20’. Its 39 hp engine is Tier 4 final meeting all current EPA emissions regulations and provides outstanding access to all daily service points. The TB250-2 will come equipped with a primary auxiliary circuit capable of 24.2 gpm of flow making it an outstanding platform for many different hydraulic attachments.
Norris Sales rents and sells Takeuchi equipment at our Conshohoken, PA and Sicklerville, NJ locations.
Takeuchi's thoughtful equipment production is always designed with the four pillars in mind: performance, durability, operator comfort and serviceability.
- Designed for Success – The TB250-2 design features a rounded body for improved visibility and functionality, and the conventional tail swing with reduced overhang provides outstanding stability.
- Powerful Dig Forces – The arm and bucket on the TB250-2 deliver exceptional arm crowd and bucket breakout forces ensuring you have the power to complete the toughest tasks. Takeuchi buckets and couplers feature dual pin positions to adapt to your application.
- Standard Primary Auxiliary Circuits – Are plumbed to mid arm for greater attachment versatility.
- Automatic Step Down Travel Motors – Provide torque on demand when pushing, climbing, or turning in high speed mode.
- Optional Power Angle Blade – Angles 25° left and right greatly reducing the time required to backfill, and the additional float function makes it easier than ever to clean-up.
- All Steel Construction – Protects components and ensures long term durability.
- Wrap Around Counterweight – Protects key engine and hydraulic components from damage while delivering excellent stability.
- Heavy Duty Blade – Integrated gusset reinforcements and large blade cylinder give you the strength and durability you expect from the class leader.
- Shut-off Valves – Simplify attachment installation and limit the release of hydraulic oil when changing attachments.
- Triple Flange Track Rollers – Provide increased roller to rail contact improving track retention.
- Reduced Shock – Cushioning on the boom and arm cylinders improves component longevity and operator comfort.
- LCD Multi-Informational Display – Is easy to read in all light conditions and provides the operator with outstanding functionality and valuable machine data.
- Spacious Automotive Styled Interior – Ensures operator comfort and provides a functional work area with a large multi-information display, and various function switches to improve performance.
- Deluxe High Back Suspension Seat – Provides weight adjustment along with fore and aft movement and is also equipped with a 2 inch retractable seat belt.
- Pilot Operated Joystick Controls – Deliver precise responsive controls, and are low effort reducing fatigue.
- Large Travel Pedals – Fully support the operator’s feet for greater comfort and control while traveling. Additionally, pedals are raised off floor to reduce build-up of dirt and debris that can limit or impede travel functions.
- Top Glass with Sun Shade – Improves visibility for truck loading or to overhead obstacles, such as, power lines, and the additional sun shade reduces glare for greater operator comfort.
- Rear Engine Access – Provides convenient access to daily checks and routine maintenance points.
- None Better – The service access hood eliminates the tilt-up cabin, and provides outstanding access to the control valve, hydraulic lines, hydraulic tank, and pattern change valve.
- Heavy Duty Cooling System – The side by side radiator and hydraulic oil cooler features increased cooling capacity and are easy to inspect, clean and maintain.
- Lockable Fuel Fill – Is convenient and secure. A remote gauge is also provided for assistance when refueling. The system also uses a self bleeding system to provide easier restarts if the machine is run out of fuel.
- Keep it Clean – Improved fuel filtration and the use of low sulfur fuel will ensure proper engine performance.
- Operating Weight - 10,957 lbs
- Horsepower @ 2,400 rpm - 39.0 hp
- Maximum Torque @ 1,440 rpm - 106.9 ft-lb
- Traction Force - 12,320 lbs
- Cooling System - 7.4 qt
- Fuel Tank Capacity - 18.5 gal
- Slew Speed - 9.5 rpm
- Arm Length - 5' 9"
- Bucket Breakout Force - 10,430 lbs
- Arm Digging Force - 5,261 lbs
Takeuchi TB250-2 Features
- EPA Final Tier 4 Compliant
- DOC+DPF Exhaust After Treatment
- Automatic Fuel Bleed System
- Dual Element Air Filter
- Automatic Idle
- Working Modes: Standard, ECO and High Altitude
- Engine Preheat Starting Aid
- High Capacity Radiator and Hydraulic Oil Cooler
- High Capacity Fuel Filters
- Multi-Informational Display (canopy)
- 5.7" Color Multi-Informational Display (cab)
- Sealed Rocker Switches
- 12 volt System with 55 amp Alternator
- LED: Two Forward Facing and One on the Right and Left Sides
- Tavel Alarm
Undercarriage and Frame
- Triple Flange Track Rollers
- 2-Speed Travel with Automatic Shift
- High Torque Planetary Final Drive
- Heavy Duty Dozer Blade with Float
- Large Wrap Around Counterweight
- 15.7" Rubber Tracks
- 15.7" Steel Tracks (optional)
- 15.7" Segmented Rubber Tracks (optional)
- Power Angle Blade with Float and Bolt-on Cutting Edge (optional)
Hydraulic & Working Equipment
- Variable Displacement, Open Center Hydraulics
- Cushioned Boom and Swing Cylinders
- Hydraulic Pilot Controls
- Proportional Auxiliary Controls with Detent
- Auxiliary Flow Adjustable from Operator's Seat
- Hydraulic Reservoir with Fluid Level Sight Gauge
- Primary Auxiliary Hydraulic Circuit Plumbed to Mid-Arm
- Multiple Attachment Presets
- Flow Selector Valve, Primary Auxiliary Circuit
- Pattern Change Valve (ISO or SAE)
- Pilot Accumulator
- Main Boom Cylinder Guard
- Long Arm with Integrated Thumb Mount
- Dual Pin Position Bucket (optional)
- Mechanical Bucket Quick Coupler (optional)
- Main Pin Hydraulic Thumb (optional)
- ROPS / OPG Level 1 Four Post Canopy
- Deluxe High Back Suspension Seat
- Adjustable Arm Rests
- 12v Power Outlet
- 2" Retractable Seat Belt
- 3" Retractable Seat Belt (optional)
- Cab with Air Conditioner, Heat, Defrost, Windshield Wiper and Washer, Skylight with Sunshade, AM / FM / MP3 / Bluetooth Radio (optional)