Gehl Telescopic Handler - RS8-42 GEN:2
All of the Telescopic Handlers manufactured by GEHL are made with the highest quality. the GEHL Telescopic Handler RS8-42 GEN: 2 is designed to be used with ease for the operator. This machine is made to have changeable attachments for all situations. For any industry or agricultural project, this Telescopic Handler will help complete the project.
- Boom tip lift hook option is now available as a factory-installed option or field installed option.
- Proven welded box-section boom design makes the boom stronger than competitive models.
- Well-thought-out cylinder design provides one of the fastest cycle times in the industry.
- Strong frame with reinforced C-channels performs well under heavy lifting conditions.
- Frame leveling feature adjusts 10-degrees to the left and right, enhancing performance on uneven terrain.
- Internal wet disc brakes provide excellent stopping ability and long life.
- Dual-element air filter protects the engine from airborne contaminants, increasing engine performance and longevity.
Safety and efficiency are two of the most important factors on the jobsite. The RS8-42 GEN:2 provides the tools to achieve both effectively.
- Three steering modes – 4-wheel, 2-wheel and crab – enhance maneuverability and are easily changed by the flip of a switch.
- SAHR (spring-applied, hydraulic-release) parking brake is applied automatically when the engine is shut off, or by pressing a rocker switch.
Remote Boom Control
The Remote Boom Control option allows operators to control boom and engine functions from outside the cab.
- Remote Boom Control can raise/lower and extend/retract the boom, as well as start/stop the engine from the work platform or outside the cab.
- Personnel Work Platform System allows the use of ANSI/ITSDF B56.6-compliant personnel work platforms for safety and efficiency.
The RS8-42 GEN:2 Telescopic Handlers provides the power to get work done effectively and efficiently.
- Dana three-speed power-shift transmission is easy to maintain.
- Limited-slip differential in the front axle provides additional traction in muddy and unimproved surfaces.
The model RS8-42 GEN:2 makes no exceptions when it comes to hydraulic performance. These machines can take virtually anything.
- Dual-function, pilot-assisted joystick is standard equipment.
- Optional tri-function, pilot-assisted joystick allows the operator to set variable tilt and auxiliary function speeds.
- Auto-leveling feature keeps loads level when raising/lowering the boom.
- Approximate Weight - 23,350 lbs.
- Length, Less Forks - 19'1"
- Width - 8'0"
- Ground Clearance - 16"
- Wheelbase - 10'0"
- Turning Radius - 13'8"
- Overall Height - 7'10"
- Frame Leveling (left/right) - 10°/10°
- Fuel Capacity - 47 gal.
- Lift Capacity - 8,000 lbs.
- Maximum Lift Height - 42'0"
- Capacity at Maximum Lift Height - 7,000 lbs.
- Maximum Forward Reach - 28'3"
- Capacity at Maximum Forward Reach - 1,000 lbs.
- Maximum Reach Below Grade - 14"
- Manufacturer - Cummins
- Model - QSF 3.8 Tier IV
- Power - 120 hp
- Aspiration - Turbo-charged
- Rated Speed - 2,500 rpm
- Transmission - Dana 3-Speed Power Shift
- Maximum Travel Speed - 19.6 mph
- Pump Type - Gear
- Total Capacity - 41.5 gpm
- System Pressure - 3,000 psi
- Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity - 45 gal.