Reversible Vibratory Plate Compactor - BPU 2540A
The smallest reversible plate in the line is the BPU 2540A that offers excellent compaction results with added job site versatility. The unique integrated wheel set simplifies the task of moving a reversible plate around the job site and shop floor. This is an ideal plate for compaction of interlocking paving stones, trenches, paths, sidewalks and maintenance jobs.
- Single lever direction control provides for easy operation.
- Easy access throttle control simplifies operation and reduces operator fatique
- Specially designed shock mount system offers a virtually vibration-free guide handle for increased operator comfort and reduced operator fatigue.
- Tough ductile iron base plate is extremely durable even under extreme conditions and provides a long service life.
- Operating weight -- 309 lb
- Centrifugal force -- 5,625 lbf
- Base plate thickness -- 0.4 in
- Operating width -- 15.8 in
- Height (without guide handle) -- 26 in
- Frequency -- 90 Hz
- Advance travel -- 68.9 ft/min
- Surface capacity -- 5,425 ft²/h
- Gradeability -- 30 %
Engine / Motor
- Engine / Motor type -- Air-cooled single-cylinder, four-cycle gasoline engine
- Engine / Motor manufacturer -- Honda
- Engine / Motor -- GX160
- Displacement -- 9.9 in³
- Operating performance -- 5.5 hp
- at rpm -- 3,600 rpm
- Fuel consumption -- 0.2 US gal/h
- Tank capacity Fuel -- 3.9 US qt
- Power transmission -- From drive motor via automatic centrifugal belt drive direct to exciter
- Fuel type -- Gasoline